How do I delete an email account in Thunderbird Mail?
I want to delete my Yahoo account from Thunderbird Mail - How do I do this?
Just be aware that when you remove an account all messages will go with it. If there are messages in that old account you wish to keep, move them to folders under Local Folders before you remove the account.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.23.20053
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Picasa plugin
- Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0
1. Thunderbird menu: Tools: Account Settings. (If you cannot see the Thunderbird menu, press the Alt key or F10 key on your keyboard to show the menu)
2. Select the account you want to remove on the left side.
3. Click the "Account Actions" button on the bottom left and choose, "Remove Account".
4. Click the "OK" button on the bottom left of the "Account Settings" Window.
5. Quit Thunderbird, then start it again.
Just be aware that when you remove an account all messages will go with it. If there are messages in that old account you wish to keep, move them to folders under Local Folders before you remove the account.
When I go to acct settings and try and select the email address to be deleted, the window retracts and "Account Wizard" displays a message that "an account with this name already exists. Please enter a different account name." I don't see how I can select the email address I want to delete.
Donnafree, how about starting your own thread with your issues details instead of finding old, solved threads to comment on? This is the second one so far. The original posters do not want an email every time you decided to add to the solved postings.