poor browser performance lately
For about the last month I have seen my Firefox browser get very slow. I also see for a brief time, a message at the top that says "Firefox not responding" when I access a web site. This message at the top of my screen window only lasts for a short time, and then disappears. I would appreciate any help and suggestions that may help my problem. Thank you.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.17.20050
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.77.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
If you need to make screenshots the Windows snipping tool should be pretty easy to use. Use the file option to save the screenshot it produces somewhere you can find it - look at the location is says & give it a short simple name otherwise it calls the file capture
- Snipping Tool Tutorial: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/
- How do I create a screenshot of my problem?
As a general rule if all browsers are slow the problem is likely one with Windows. Possibly even a malware issue. To rule out a malware issue follow the suggestions in this article
For Windows focused help try some forum such as
- SevenForums sevenforums.com
- Windows Secrets Lounge windowssecrets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/52-Windows-7-Forum
john99, thank you for your reply. I'm sure you know much more than I, but I tend to think your right when you make the comment "As a general rule if all browsers are slow the problem is likely one with Windows. Possibly even a malware issue. To rule out a malware issue follow the suggestions in this article".
I will take your advice and try those suggestions, both of them (Windows), that you recommended. I'm pretty sure I did do a malware check already, but will do one again. I will get back to you after trying them. Please be patient with my responses John, as it takes a while for me to determine if in fact something actually works in a factual way. Again, thank you for your help and patience.
Modified by John99