Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

How do I set up a gmail account with corporate name server?

Hopfer-firefox

i have the same problem as the user supergianchi - but no solution has yet been offered:

I have a gmail account with the gmail user name xyz@abc.edu. Thunderbird no longer allows manual setups. I have all the server settings from a different computer, i.e., imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com,

Any suggestion of how to get to manual settings that were present in previous versions of Thunderbird?

Are older of versions of Thunderbird still available? Once i have the settings, I can upgrade to the newest version.

Thanks, uhopfer

i have the same problem as the user supergianchi - but no solution has yet been offered: I have a gmail account with the gmail user name xyz@abc.edu. Thunderbird no longer allows manual setups. I have all the server settings from a different computer, i.e., imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com, Any suggestion of how to get to manual settings that were present in previous versions of Thunderbird? Are older of versions of Thunderbird still available? Once i have the settings, I can upgrade to the newest version. Thanks, uhopfer

All Replies (2)

Chosen Solution

What do you mean by "Thunderbird no longer allows manual setups"?

That is not my experience. Try filling in every box; don't leave anything on "auto" and you should find that the manual and then advanced options become enabled.

Older versions are available though I can't say how far back you'd have to go to find a version that works differently.

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/

Modified by Zenos

Replacing the auto fill-with the actual values solved the log-in problem. Thunderbird/gmail recognized the corporate name server and used the correct username at the name server. Thanks for the help.