JWPlayer 7.3.4 video fails to load on Firefox 46.0.1
I'm on Firefox 46.0.1. When I am reading an article (say on SFGate.com) that has a video powered by JWPlayer, I get an error message saying "Error loading plug-in: Plug-in file not found http://ssl.p.jwpcdn.com/player/v/7.3.4/vast.swf." If I go to the same site/same video using Chrome, it works fine. Help.
Don't know why, but it seems to have been an issue with my AdBlockPlus. I disabled ABP for the particular website, and the videos work now.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.16.20039
- Creative Cloud Desktop Plugin.v_2_0_0_0
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.91.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Picasa plugin
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0
The clip on the train played fine for me.
If you have problems with current Shockwave Flash plugin versions then check this:
- see if there are updates for your graphics drivers
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337 See also:
If the video plays fine on Chrome, but not on Firefox, does that still mean that my graphics drivers might be out of date?
http://sfgate.com/ works for me.
Don't know why, but it seems to have been an issue with my AdBlockPlus. I disabled ABP for the particular website, and the videos work now.
That was very good work. Well Done. Please flag your last post as Solved Problem so others will know.