I want to find a bookmark and locate its place in the bookmark list
To better organize my bookmarks, I sometimes want to search them.
But when I search, the result is not shown in context, so I can move it.
Suggestion: in bookmarks side bar, after searching (and finding) a bookmark, going back selects item in bookmarks list.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
The people who answer questions here, for the most part, are other Firefox users volunteering their time (like me), not Mozilla employees or Firefox developers.
If you want to leave feedback for Firefox developers, you can go to the Firefox Help menu and select Submit Feedback... or use this link. Your feedback gets collected at http://input.mozilla.org/, where a team of people read it and gather data about the most common issues.
That type of feature has been "suggested" since Firefox 3.0 came out in June, 2008. I doubt if Mozilla will ever add that as a default feature.
There are two add-on that add a feature such as that to Firefox. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/go-parent-folder/ https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/show-parent-folder/
Never used either so I don't know how they differ, but both were created by the same person...