How do I get rid of a dropdown list of porn sites from my menu bar?
I don't know how it got on my menu bar. I see no options for permanently deleting the icon from the menu bar. it is on the far right end just before the three "OPEN MENU" lines. The icon has a down arrow next to it for a dropdown list of options that I do not understand.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.10.20056
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Sony Reader Application Detector Plugin
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:44.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/44.0
Do you have the Video Download Helper extension installed?
- Tools > Add-ons > Extensions (about:addons -> Extensions)
If you have that extension and want to keep it then you can check the settings and remove the combined part of the button that opens the drop-down list.
The icon looks like this