Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

How to automatically mute a tab if it visits a specified URL?

Pcolyn

An example being me visiting armorgames.com and it automatically mutes the tab so games make no sound. But I can't mute flash because I have music playing in the background.

An example being me visiting armorgames.com and it automatically mutes the tab so games make no sound. But I can't mute flash because I have music playing in the background.

All Replies (3)

Try this extension:

cor-el said

Try this extension:

This doesn't help as it disables Flash, it does not mute it. it only has an option to disable HTML5 audio.

To mute the sound you would have to click the speaker icon on the tab after the page has finished loading. You could probably achieve this via a GreaseMonkey script that runs on a specific page. You will have to ask advice at a GreaseMonkey oriented forum if you can't create such a script yourself.