This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
icons missing pics
after refreshing firefox all my desktop icons have lost their pics or designs whatever! Just blank squares now. How do I fix them?
All Replies (4)
You can check for issues with the Windows icon cache.
Try to rebuild the icon cache (IconCache.db).
- Open the Task Manager (Shift+Ctrl+ESC)
- In the Process tab, right-click on the Explorer.exe process and select End Process.
- Open the file picker via "File > New Task (Run)" and click the Browse button.
- Type or Paste %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local (%LocalAppData%) in the File name field (AppData is a hidden folder).
- Select the IconCache.db file and use "Delete" in the right-click context menu to delete the file.
- After the IconCache.db file has been deleted, start a new explorer.exe process via "File > New Task" to get the desktop and Taskbar back.
The IconCache.db file is a hidden file, so make sure that you can see hidden files.
had to redo all 29 icons for web short cuts!! will never refresh firefox again , to much work to do after with desktop web shortcuts, (icons)
Windows can change icons if it detects a change in the default browser. We have some quite a few reports with desktop icons in particular on Windows 7.
Icons change incorrectly in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2396571
that didn't work either. As I said had to redo all 29 icons for web short cuts!! will never refresh firefox again , to much work to do after with desktop web shortcuts, (icons)