Firefox will not sync add-ons or open tabs onto computer
My old laptop died but I had set up sync on firefox and my android. I've gotten a new laptop and the only thing syncing up to this firefox is the bookmarks. I have the boxes checked for everything to sync over in the settings and everything is up-to-date (my old laptop was too). I've tried unsyncing my android and computer and resyncing and even restarting my laptop but the add-ons (which are all from firefox) and the open tabs (which was like 7) will not sync onto my laptop. Everything shows up on my android, it just wont sync over.
Additional System Details
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Citrix URL-Redirection Helper Plugin
- Google Update
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
Hi viletty, Thank you for your question. I understand that add ons are not syncing to the desktop. Please first check the following:
- Are the add ons signed (the description will be version-signed)
- If you remove the account from the device and long in again does this create a fresh sync?
If not, I am happy to further troubleshoot if you are comfortable sharing logs from the user profile. We would search for any hints of errors or blocked addons.
Is sync still failing to work for you? If you go to "about:sync-log" in the browser's URL bar, it should show a list of error logs that will give diagnostic information about what's going on. If there's anything there, please open a bug and attached the log files: