How to control sync direction from one computer to another?
I have 3 PCs (2 windows 7, 1 vista), I spent some time editing bookmarks on one of them, and want to sync the other 2. In the process, I ad to update sync. Now they all have ALL the bookmarks as they were before the edit. I have restored the edited bookmarks in one PC, and it is not connected to sync. How do I sync the other 2 PCs to the edited bookmarks?
Additional System Details
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.66.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
Sync will merge the profiles that are attached to the Sync Account. Before removing the profile data on the 2 PCs, you can create new profiles on them and make a copy of the profiles from the first computer.
You can change the password of the Sync account to reset all data stored on the Sync server just to be sure. You would have to make sure that the other computer doesn't have any bookmarks before connecting to Sync.
Note that Firefox keeps compressed .jsonlz4 in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks > Import & Backup