Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Cmd+Q does not quit the program, must to to 'Firefox' menu and select 'quit' (Firefox 43.0.2 and OS X 10.11.2).

padraigin

Cmd+Q shortcut does not work to quit Firefox. To quit the program I must to to 'Firefox' menu and select 'quit'. The Cmd+Q shortcut is working for all other programs I use. I am running Firefox 43.0.2 with OS X 10.11.2.

Thanks.

Cmd+Q shortcut does not work to quit Firefox. To quit the program I must to to 'Firefox' menu and select 'quit'. The Cmd+Q shortcut is working for all other programs I use. I am running Firefox 43.0.2 with OS X 10.11.2. Thanks.

All Replies (1)

Quit Firefox {web link} Quit Firefox provides statusbar and Toolbar buttons to quickly shut down Firefox. It is especially useful for laptop users.