No youtube flash player in FF43 again? Come on Mozilla.
Everything was fixed in the FF42, you could play youtube videos using fast and smooth Flash Player, after FF43 update there's HTML5 player only again. Am I the only one? Do I need to downgrade again?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- DivX Plus Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.0
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Did you try to install flash player?
Flash Player version 20,0,0,235 is installed.
I have to use "youtube flash enforce" addons to play flash in youtube - it will never do it without such addons. It has been like that for the past ~6 months for me, if not even longer.
Try changing what addon you are using to force flash on youtube, perhaps the one you got is currently bugged.
I have FF42 right now and youtube uses flash to play videos without any addons. I think I'll downgrade further back to FF39.0.3 because it worked smoother for me (i upgraded to FF42 this week).
Perhaps it is set to use html5 player when possible instead of Flash on Youtube site as you can see at youtube.com/html5
It's set but that's not the problem - it's also locked, I cannot change it. The same situation happed on FF40, FF42 fixed it and now it's locked again on FF43.