Is there a way to allow themes in private browsing mode in Windows 10 OS. The 8.1 allowed the themes to be installed in private browsing mode
Upgraded to Win 10. Using private browsing mode, I tried to upgrade my theme but mozilla will only apply theme in regular mode, not private browsing mode. Is there a way to add the theme to private browsing mode which i use constantly. Nicer then the basic background currently displayed
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- Content Blocker Extension
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.66.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- Online Banking Extension
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- Virtual Keyboard
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
I just tested on Windows 7, and in Firefox 42, my lightweight themes do not apply to private windows, either. So I don't think it's a Windows 10 issue.
I see there's an extension to allow themes in private windows. That was first posted in 2013, so maybe this problem has existed for a while. ??
In the interest of science, I tried it and it worked in my 15 second test.
Modified by jscher2000