How do you remove temporary internet files from the browser
Does firefox need to remove temporary internet files like Internet Explorer does? If so, how do you delete those temporary files?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- Creative Cloud Desktop Plugin.v_2_0_0_0
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.66.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Hello, As you browse the web, Firefox helpfully remembers lots of information for you – sites you've visited, files you've downloaded and more. Firefox cache temporarily stores images, scripts, and other parts of websites you visit in order to speed up your browsing experience.
In order to clear them please follow the articles.
In case of problems loading websites you can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and remove cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"