Whenever I play a video on Firefox, it eventually crashes the browser
So, whenever I play a video on Firefox, it seems to crash my browser.
I'm not sure what's going on. I disabled most of the unwanted addons and plug-ins on the browser, and it's still not solving anything. I've sent so many crash reports to Firefox, I've lost count.
Any help on what's going on? Strangely, I have no issues with YouTube. I'm beginning to think that the problem is HTML5, since I usually have problems with those.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste those IDs into the "Post a Reply" box.
Note: If a recent Report ID does not start with bp- click on it to submit the report.
(Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the IDs. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like.)
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
Here it is
bp-a9ffd8b6-759e-45a1-9b9b-dd58a2151127 bp-abbb90e8-7bfb-4c52-b64a-73a072151127 bp-3bf78424-610c-4fe5-9420-5af6a2151117 bp-75b47c50-a5e6-4465-bc29-9ead52151113 bp-bba8c5f3-77ad-437b-b670-905552151127
igd10umd32.dll = Intel(R) Graphics Technology
msmpeg2vdec.dll = Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Total Virtual Memory 4294836224 Available Virtual Memory 746229760 System Memory Use Percentage 95 Available Page File 3503013888 Available Physical Memory 195874816 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ This is for Sumo's Related Bugs 1221348 RESOLVED FIXED startup crash in igd10umd64.dll@0x1e669 when detecting texture sharing on 8.5.10.[18xx-1994] Intel driver
1207993 NEW --- crash in igd10umd32.dll@0x18f35 coming from mozilla::layers::DataTextureSourceD3D11::Update, at playing video on YouTube
1202700 RESOLVED FIXED crash in igd10umd32.dll@0x18f35 coming from mozilla::layers::DataTextureSourceD3D11::Update
1098597 RESOLVED DUPLICATE startup crash in igd10umd32.dll@0x18f35 from [@ CContext::ID3D11DeviceContext_UpdateSubresource_<2>(ID3D11DeviceContext*, ID3D11Resource*, unsigned int, D3D11_BOX const*, void const*, unsigned int, unsigned int) ]
If you have problems with current Shockwave Flash plugin versions then check this:
- see if there are updates for your graphics drive drivers
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337 See also:
Bump. Still having trouble with the browser crashing even after all that. This time it happened while browsing Facebook.
You can try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
You need to close and restart Firefox after toggling this setting.
You can check if there is an update for your graphics display driver and check for hardware acceleration related issues.
Will try this out and see how it works. Thanks!