Can't make firefox window to fullscreen.
Hello, I am using firefox in my laptop running win 7. There I cannot make it to fullscreen mode. Whenever I do that, that strange box appears (shown in the image) covering the controls and blocking the window going fullscreen. This problems disappears after an update, change of theme or a complete reinstall of firefox (processes tried by me to overcome it). But it comes back after few days. Feels irritating. Please help.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.13
- Content Blocker Extension
- Version 126.96.36.199
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.66.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- Online Banking Extension
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Unity Player 4.5.0f6
- Virtual Keyboard
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Hi, this may be an issue with your theme, so try disabling it and go back to the Firefox default to see if that fixes it.
If your question is resolved by this or another answer, please take a minute to let us know. Thank you.
That looks like a problem with the Windows controls.
Try to set browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar to false on the about:config page to disable displaying the tabs in the title bar.
You can try a different Windows theme and Windows background image (wallpaper) to see if that helps. If you use a non standard windows theme or made other appearance changes then try to revert those changes and use a (different) standard theme or Windows wallpaper.
- Control Panel > Personalization > Theme & Window Color and Appearance