Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

How can I get the Private Window indicator to display?

weltyjoker

When selecting New Private Window I don't see the indicator with the purple icon on the top right side of the window. I have Firefox at work and when I open a new Private Window it displays a purple icon on the top side of my new window, at home i don't see that.

When selecting New Private Window I don't see the indicator with the purple icon on the top right side of the window. I have Firefox at work and when I open a new Private Window it displays a purple icon on the top side of my new window, at home i don't see that.
Read this answer in context

Chosen Solution

Thank you guys, by adding the extension to disable private browsing and adding the extension of Private Tab took care of my issue, now when a private tab is open I can see the purple mask indicator.

All Replies (3)

Permanent Private Browsing doesn't show the "mask".

You can use an extension to get Private Browsing mode support per tab.

Chosen Solution

Thank you guys, by adding the extension to disable private browsing and adding the extension of Private Tab took care of my issue, now when a private tab is open I can see the purple mask indicator.