How can I make Firefox wait to connect to a site instead of continually replying, "The connection was reset, Try again"
I have to try again and again many times to get Firefox to connect. It used to wait until the site responded. How can I set the timer that controls this to a much longer time?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.13
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
This Connection is Untrusted is sometimes caused because the computer system clock is wrong. Check the time / date / time zone settings.
Does this always happen with specific website or randomly?
The connection was reset comes from the website server or another server (proxy, ISP) between you and the website. If such a server disconnects then there is nothing that Firefox can do about it.
You can check the connection settings.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network : Connection > Settings
If you do not need to use a proxy to connect to internet then try to select "No Proxy" if "Use the system proxy settings" or one of the others do not work properly.
See "Firefox connection settings":
Boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) to see if that has effect.