This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
new tab wont set to Google.com or any other webpage
Before this update (10/3/15) I had my New tab set to open as a webpage (www.google.com) , but now it opens as a selection with multiple sites , or if i choose the blank page....well its blank and now google..... so how do i make it where my new tab is a webpage and not a extra click?
All Replies (1)
The browser.newtab.url pref is no longer supported in Firefox 41 and later, so you can no longer use this to set the new tab page.
You can look at this extension to set the new tab page:
- New Tab Override: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/new-tab-override/
You can set the new tab URL setting via the Options/Preferences of the extension on the about:addons page.
Look at this extension to use the home page:
- New Tab Homepage: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/new-tab-homepage/
Classic Theme Restorer includes this feature as well. In CTR version 1.3.9 you can find the "New tab page url" in the Tabs (1) window.
You can use these special pages for the new tab page or use the URL of a web page.
- the default new tab page with the tiles is about:newtab
- the default home page is about:home
- for a blank page you can use about:blank