firefox cant play 1080 HD videos on youtube but other browsers can.
The specific problem i have is that playing HD videos online irrespective of the website is always choppy. but the video plays fine in lower formats like 360p and 480p. i don't think my computer is the problem because similar videos play fine on internet explorer. I use Toshiba computer that's pretty old and i use windows 7. But like i said earlier the same old system plays the HD videos on internet explorer so why not on firefox. am using the latest version of firefox. so i will appreciate any useful solution to this problem as am enjoying my firefox experience up until this point.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.12
- Hola VLC media player Web Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
- see if there are updates for your graphics drive drivers
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337 See also: