Youtube HTML5 Videos Slow & Choppy/Don't Work, I've tried everything and can't fix it
I've been having this issue for a while now and while it was fixed for a while with a plugin (Link Here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/youtube-all-html5/ ) It recently came up again when Firefox Blocked Flash (as far as I'm aware, that's what happened). This made the HTML5 plugin stop working for some reason and I had to re-install flash and the plugin to get it working again.
When this issue first appeared It was only solvable by using this plugin, and I don't know why. I tried running Firefox in safe mode, refreshing firefox, and uninstalled/reinstalled firefox and I even completely deleted my profile/all my settings, etc. Nothing worked. I don't know what could be causing this issue, because without this plugin HTML5 videos simply do not work. I'm hoping to have this problem solved before it shows up again and the plugin can not fix it. Thank you in advance! -kenny
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Nexon Game Controller
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
- see if there are updates for your graphics drive drivers
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337 See also:
I've tried disabling hardware acceleration before and it doesn't work either :( Also all of my graphics drivers are up to date. I'm not sure if the problem is flash itself though, because the only videos that have this issue are YouTube Videos. And I've used another plugin recently, that allowed me to switch between using flash & HTML5 for videos and while the Flash videos worked fine it was HMTL5 that was an issue. I'm not sure what the problem is.
Thank you, -Kenny