how do I stop update notifications
How do I stop the update notifications from poping up while I am using it? I can be looking at something and the update request keeps poping up.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.7.20033
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- MetaStream 3 Plugin r4
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.206
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
Hi, turning off update notifications is not recommended because of security risks, but you can change the settings by going to Options (cog wheel) - in the 3-bar menu unless you've moved it, > Advanced (Update).
If your question is resolved by this or another answer, please take a minute to let us know. Thank you.
Are you talking about Firefox, or something else?
Type about:preferences#advanced<enter> in the address bar.
Under Advanced, Select Update. Check the settings.
Separate Issue; Your System Details shows;
Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
Having more than one version of a program may cause issues. You must remove the older programs. Then get the current full installer.
Then reinstall the latest version.
Flash Player Version 22.214.171.124