Slow and Not Responding to be unworkable in the past week
Two weeks ago I began to see a start up window that my password didn't match. Nothing more. No idea what password was now emerging as incorrect. Click OK and everything moved forward. I think it had to do with SYNC. Then in the past week, since Monday, May 25, 2015, it is incredibly slow, blinks, fogs, and sends "Firefox Not Responding" messages.
Tried Chrome, works fine. Tried Explorer on my work machine, fine. Not an Internet Service Provider issue. Not a machine issue. This is Firefox issue and with whatever changed, it makes the browser unusable. I suspect it has to do with Sync since that is the change noted. Hope you get it fixed soon. I appreciate the security of FF. I'll keep checking back, but so far, no improvement. Thanks in advance.
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.11
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- PDF-XChange Viewer Netscape Gecko Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1686
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1248
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
hi deerpath15, please see if Firefox is slow after updating to Firefox 38 applies to your situation and can fix the problem.
I disabled the hardware acceleration and it seems to help. Thank you!