Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Will Firefox block all SSL in the future, or just SSLv3?

Beckycab

I have some panicked people in my office, so I decided to go the source. "They" heard... I do not know where... that Firefox's next update would block ALL SSL, therefore any website we need to log into will be blocked. From what I can see on this support site, nothing is coming that is different from what happened in December 2014 in response to Poodle with the SSLv.3.

I need to settle the ruffled feathers: will Firefox still work with SSL in the future?

Thank you very much for your time :)

I have some panicked people in my office, so I decided to go the source. "They" heard... I do not know where... that Firefox's next update would block ALL SSL, therefore any website we need to log into will be blocked. From what I can see on this support site, nothing is coming that is different from what happened in December 2014 in response to Poodle with the SSLv.3. I need to settle the ruffled feathers: will Firefox still work with SSL in the future? Thank you very much for your time :)

All Replies (2)

That's a crazy rumor.

As far as I know, TLS 1.2, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.0 will continue to work for many, many versions.

If someone needs to confirm, they can download a "future" version and try it out. It's probably least disruptive to use the unofficial "Portable" build for testing:

Chosen Solution