This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I have selected "Use custom settings for history" and pressed "OK" but it defaults back to "Remember history", how do I stop this?
I have to enable cookies in order to have an online purchase credited to my mileage account. So, I opened Firefox Tool and selected Options then Privacy. There, I changed "Remember history" to "Use custom settings for history," as, this will achieve what I am trying to do. However, when I press "OK" the box jumps back to the Privacy box and I see that "Remember history" is still the setting. What steps do I take to prevent the Privacy box from defaulting to "Remember history" when I want to change that setting to something else?
All Replies (3)
Accept Cookies from sites is a default setting.
In order to use "Use custom settings for history" you need to change one of the settings. That isn't a setting all by itself.
The "Use custom settings for history" selection allows to see the current history and cookie settings, but selecting this doesn't make any changes to history and cookie settings. Firefox shows "Use custom settings for history" as an indication that at least one of the history and cookie settings is not the default to make you aware that changes were made. If all History settings are default then the custom settings are hidden and you see "Firefox will: (Never) Remember History". "Never Remember History" means that Private Browsing is active and "Always use private browsing mode" gets a checkmark.
Do you have a problem with the cookies?
You can inspect and manage permissions for the domain in the currently selected tab via these steps:
- Click the "Site Identity Button" (globe/padlock) on the location/address bar
- Click "More Information" to open "Tools > Page Info" with the Security tab selected
- Go to the Permissions tab (Tools > Page Info > Permissions) to check the permissions for the domain in the currently selected tab
Clear the cache and remove cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"