I had icons for all bookmarks in my other browser, so how do I get them all to appear in the Mozilla bookmark toolbar alongside the name?
I like the icons alongside the bookmark name. It appears that when the bookmark connects, some of the icons get automatically imported - e.g. Google, while others do not, e.g. Southwest Airlines. All of my bookmarks had icons in IE, so I assumed Mozilla would pick them up also. Is this a problem with the bookmarked website exporting the icon to Mozilla, or Mozilla polling the website to obtain the icon to display on the toolbar?
Do you see a favicon on the tab if you load such a websites in a tab?Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Provides secure and convenient logon to Web sites
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
You would have to click each bookmark to visit the link to make Firefox retrieve the favicon.
You can look at this extension:
- Favicon Restorer: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/favicon-restorer/
No change in my bookmark toolbar icons, using the add-on above. Again, most of my bookmarks in Firefox have the icon, but others, e.g. Southwest Airlines, Comerica Bank (i.e. large companies that I'd expect Firefox to grab the icons). Clearly IE does something different than firefox to import the icon, otherwise they'd be the same across theboard.
Do you see a favicon on the tab if you load such a websites in a tab?
opening a new tab and loading it manually solved the problem - although sometimes the bookmark showed up in the unsorted folder rather than in the toolbar - but just drag and drop onto the toolbar selection. Seems to be fixed now. Thanks