Faulting application firefox.exe, version 220.127.116.1131, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.3119, fault address 0x00012a5b
I cannot get firefox to start. It keeps crashing with the following message:
The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I uninstalled and removed the directory from program files, and reinstalled. I scanned the system for viruses. Still no good, same problem.
Details show: Faulting application firefox.exe, version 18.104.22.16831, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.3119, fault address 0x00012a5b
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 22.214.171.124
- Version 126.96.36.199
- Google Update
- Logitech Harmony Remote Plugin
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- LogMeIn, Inc. Rescue Console
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Winamp Application Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
hello ehoell, did this happen on the system you've posted this question from (presumably that was a windows 7 device) or on a different computer?
kernel32.dll 5.1.2600.3119 looks like a Windows XP version.
A Google search would suggest that this is a file from XP SP2, so best would be to update that computer to SP3
If this happens on a Windows 7 computer then make sure that you aren't running Firefox in compatibility mode.
You can open the Properties of the Firefox desktop shortcut via the right-click context menu and check the "Compatibility" tab. Make sure that all items are deselected in the "Compatibility" tab of the Properties window.
Bug 1137609 - The Procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library Kernel32.dll for XP users after update to Firefox 36
Modified by cor-el
It was an XP system, and it was running service pack 3.
I downgraded to Firefox 35, and it finally worked. Clearly Firefox 36 doesn't support XP SP3.
hi again, mozilla has just released an update to firefox 36.0.1 which should address the problem: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/36.0.1/win32/