When I open a new tab I want the new tab to open to my homepage.
When I open a new tab I want to designate my homepage will open in it. How do I set the tab to open that way?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- This plug-in enables downloading of HTML5 videos
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
It sounds like a setting was changed on your new tab page. These changes are usually caused by third-party toolbars or add-ons. I understand that you would like to know how to change it back. Not a problem, please follow the steps below:
- In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
- Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue to the about:config page.
- Type browser.newtab.url in the search box to find it on the list.
- Double-click on browser.newtab.url and type in about:home in the window that pops up.
Restart Firefox and open a new tab to make sure the change was made. If there is any issues with plugins please also see: Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
Please post back with your results, we are happy to help.
See this article about the New Tab page (about:newtab):