Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Fails to receive messages left on server after accessing by another device

GWhiz99

When I am away from my desktop I access my Email using a Nexus 7 tablet. The tablets mail account settings are to "leave messages on server". Thunderbird will not receive any messages accessed by my tablet (or Notebook Computer) that were left on the server. Using Outlook Express on my desktop PC I am able to retrieve these messages that Thunderbird fails to receive.

Need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guenther

When I am away from my desktop I access my Email using a Nexus 7 tablet. The tablets mail account settings are to "leave messages on server". Thunderbird will not receive any messages accessed by my tablet (or Notebook Computer) that were left on the server. Using Outlook Express on my desktop PC I am able to retrieve these messages that Thunderbird fails to receive. Need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guenther

All Replies (1)

what mail provider? Hotmail in it's many guises moves mail out of the inbox when it is downloaded to a pop mail client, making it impossible for the next pop client.