I just updated Firefox but now the Check Your Plug-Ins does not work. Why not?
When I try to check my plug-ins to see if they are up to date, the little circle just keeps spinning and spinning.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
hello Englander, in this similar thread the issue was related to the java plugin: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1041556
I appreciate the reference to the other thread -- which is an applicable thread -- but nothing is resolved. I have to do all the work. This should not be my problem.