This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
can not access privacy and security tab in options
I'm trying to access my security and privacy tab located in options, I open options and all tabs are there but when I click on privacy or security it wont open the previously open tab just stays there. why would this happen is there a way to fix?
All Replies (2)
Hi maggio511, Do you have a lock file in your profile folder?
Otherwise it is possible to reset Firefox. Hello,
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: After resetting Firefox, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Reset Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Reset Firefox" that looks like this: . Click on it.
- Firefox will close and reset. After it is done, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
Did this fix the problem? Please report back to us!
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window