How do I turn off Firefox as the default browser
I need to use another browser as the default at my corporate site and this is causing a big problem. Please advise how to turn Firefox off as the default - it is not readily apparent.
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.67.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.4"
- eRoom Mozilla Plugin
- Citrix Offline Plug-in Mozilla Plug-in (Win32)
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Go to the browser that you want to make your default. Normally, they will prompt you asking if you want to set them to default. If not, go into the settings and look for the option there. For example, for Internet Explorer if you click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options, under the Programs tab there will be a button that allows you to make it your default browser.
Hello stumpoj, in your win 7 Start menu > Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Set your default programs, choose what you want and select OK.
In firefox : Firefox button(the orange one) or Tools > Options > Advanced panel > General tab > UNCHECK the Make Firefox the default browser.
firefox 19.0 ? note it is unsupported and vulnerable, your win 7 support the latest firefox version, if you want : Update Firefox to the latest version
Modified by ideato