When I attempt to forward e-mail a box appears with the message: unable to load null status:404, thus preventing me from forwarding an e-mail.l
I checked this out with Verizon tech and it was determined that the problem was with the Firefox browser. With Safari I have no problem forwarding e-mails. This box appeared for the first time on June 15. I have never seen it before. I still am able to send and receive e-mails. The only function that does not work, since 6/15, is the ability to forward an e-mail. I have Firefox version 31.0. I work on an Apple IMac. I have already re-installed the default version of Firefox, deleted all my history. Nothing has worked to eliminate that message. The Verizon tech person said that there seems to be a problem between my router and Firefox. I don't understand how this problem suddenly cropped up 4 days ago. Will I be able to resolve this or will I have to switch to another browser? One more bit of info: my O.S. is Mac 10.6.8. Thank you. leonbolo
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing FireFox Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
Hi leonbolo, Oh noz, I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with Firefox and the router and that clearing the cache and reinstalling is still causing this issue. We are happy to help.
Please see these also for reference:
- Configure firewalls so that Firefox can access the Internet
- Firefox can't load websites but other browsers can
Two things I can think of:
- Ping the router from Firefox Pingler addon
- See if the smtp that the Verizon mail uses is ping able as well. (rebooting the router is the default troubleshooting if it was working before. )
Please post back, it could help other users as well!