where are temporary internet files kept
I am trying to change the location to where the temporary internet files are kept. I want to put them on another drive. Can you give me the path to them so I can change it? Thanks
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.206
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
hello, firefox uses the location for local application data set by the windows operating system to store its cache and other temporary files:
%localappdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\ which is usually placed under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local
The path C:\users\<username>\appdata\local doesn't exist. The Appdata isn't there.
open a windows explorer window and type %localappdata% into the address bar - this should lead you to the folder!
You can find the path of the disk cache on the about:cache page.