Download, install and migration
Learn how to download Firefox on your desktop devices or move information to and from other browsers.
- Firefox versions and languages
- Copy your personal information from one browser to another
- Update Firefox to the latest version By default, Firefox is set to automatically update itself but you can always do a manual update. We'll show you how to update Firefox for Windows, Mac or Linux.
- How to download and install Firefox on Windows This article describes how to install Firefox on Windows.
- Install Firefox on Linux This article will show you how to install Firefox on Linux.
- How to download and install Firefox on Mac This article explains how to download and install Firefox on a Mac.
- Find what version of Firefox you are using This article shows you how to find what version of Firefox you have to help you troubleshoot a problem or just so you'll know if it's up to date.
- Firefox release notes - What's New and Known Issues A summary of new features and known issues in the latest version of Firefox.
- Uninstall Firefox from your computer This article describes how to remove the Firefox application from your computer and also how to remove the personal information that Firefox stores.
- What is the Mozilla Maintenance Service? Firefox now installs an optional service called the Mozilla Maintenance Service. This service allows Firefox to install updates without requiring you to click yes in the Windows User Account Control (UAC) dialog.
- Install an older version of Firefox Downgrading usually doesn't solve Firefox problems. This article gives you links to old versions of Firefox and some alternatives to downgrading.
- Recovering important data from an old profile If you've had to create a new Firefox profile, this article will explain how to recover information like bookmarks, history and passwords from an old one.
- Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles Firefox stores your personal information and settings in a profile folder. This article explains how to back up and restore this important data.
- Use the Profile Manager to create and remove Firefox profiles Firefox stores your personal information and settings in a profile folder. Learn to use the Profile Manager to create, remove, rename, and switch profiles.
- Firefox can't be opened after you install it on a Mac - How to fix What to do if you see the error "Firefox.app can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed." after installing Firefox on your Mac.