How to contribute to article localization
- Revision id: 236403
- Creator: servesha
- Comment: Avoid future tense
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
Thank you for reading these words - it means you want to contribute to global Mozilla Support. More than half of all Firefox users speak a language other than English, and we depend on contributors like you to make support available to people from all over the world.
We are always happy to welcome new localizers to our group. Please have a look at our list list of available locales to see if we are already localizing into your language. If it's not included, we would love to work with you to add it to our pages. If you see a language on the list, you should be able to click its name and see the Locale Leader(s) working on it. You can contact them to learn more about localizing SUMO articles into your language.
I want to be a localizer. What should I do?
First things first:
- Create a Mozilla Support account/Firefox Account, which allows you to write in our community l10n forum and localizes any article you see in SUMO.
- Once you have an account, please visit our l10n community forum and introduce yourself. Our community can answer all your questions and help you get started.
What if there already are people localizing into my language?
If you see your language listed on the list of available locales click on the name of a Locale Leader and send him or her a private message to get in touch. Don't be shy, they will be happy to hear from you - the more, the merrier!
If the Locale Leader doesn't answer after a reasonable amount of time (a few days at least - they could be on holidays or very busy), try another Locale Leader or get in touch with our team on Matrix, Discourse or contributor forum.
What if there is no content available in my language?
- How to contribute to article localization (you are here)
- How does support localization work?
- Translating an article
- How do I update articles after their first translation?
- L10N guidelines for reviewing translated articles
- How to be a SUMO Locale Leader
- Markup cheat sheet
If you think something is missing or should be added to this list, let us know in the contributor forum