Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

I got the new Mozilla Firefox, how do I turn off bitmap smoothing when the html enlarges a bitmap from it's original size?

dgill

Kind of a weird question? I do pixel art and need to view the pixels as original from the raster bitmap, but zoomed in. Thanks for you help! David Gill

Kind of a weird question? I do pixel art and need to view the pixels as original from the raster bitmap, but zoomed in. Thanks for you help! David Gill

All Replies (5)

I think, you can press Ctrl and + together to zoom in.

Or you can try to zoom by following

  1. Go to menu
  2. click on the +

Hope this solves

Why isn't that image shown with its natural dimensions?

There is usually no need to scale images.

Thanks Safwan, but the same html file used in the older Firefox doesn't "smooth" the bitmap when it's size is changed by the html

Thanks Co-rel, to answer your question, the image isn't shown in its natural dimensions because I changed the width and height properties in the img flag in the html here's the code
IMG src="may3.gif" width=548 height=232

Here's a link to an image showing the smoothing that I mean...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/deetech/New-2.gif