How to support new CEO Brendan Eich ?
As the LGBT free to choose and express their own lifestyle, the new CEO Brendan Eich should be free to choose and express his own personal stance. He deserves to be the CEO. He has the skills. It is completely intolerant to pressure him to step down as a CEO due to his private and personal donation to prop 8. It is not Mozilla's money.
This tolerance-by-force thing has become anti-productive and un-American.
How to express support for Mr. Brendan Eich?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Google Update
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
As of today:
He was not forced to step down as ceo and from Mozilla by board as it was his own choice to do so for Mozilla and communality.
Modified by James
This is actually off-topic for the Mozilla support forum. See Forum rules and guidelines:
* Posts in the Mozilla support forum must be either questions about the use of Firefox, Firefox for Android, Firefox OS, Thunderbird, Webmaker or answers to those questions. Users who post about things other than Mozilla support will be directed to an alternative discussion place (ex: mozillaZine) if appropriate.
The mozilla.governance forum would be a better place for this discussion. The Google Groups link is https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mozilla.governance
The way I'm helping Brenden is by dumping Mozilla products on all my computers and devices.
Mozilla is stressing the point that Brenden was not fired, but "stepped down" and yet public perception is that he was forced out. Why? Because he WAS forced out.
I thought when I heard the news that I was transported back to the Third Reich era... if you have no idea why I'm saying that, then you need to do some research.
I'm closing this thread as 0ff-topic.
smppi, you would not be helping Brendan by dumping Mozilla products but rather hurt him.
If you even read the articles posted in thread already it would show he made the choice to leave versus going back to being CTO or another role as Mozilla board members tried to encourage him to stay in some capacity at least.
Many article writers have been posting wrong information about what actually happened so Mozilla posted this. https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/05/faq-on-ceo-resignation/
Modified by James