I have no sound. I got a message the my audio needs to be reconfigured. How do I do that?
I have a new computer with Windows 8. I can't get any sound. The speakers have power and the volume in
the control panel is at medium. I also can't play videos without an error message.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
What is the error message you get when trying to play videos? Please post links to pages where the problem occurs.
Most videos play though Flash Player, which has its own entry in the Windows volume mixer, separate from Firefox. You need to make sure that the volume level for both is properly set.
This is a Flash video, affected by "Adobe Flash Player" in the volume mixer.
This is an HTML5 video, affected by the Firefox entry in the volume mixer.