Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Fields on several websites have been changed to another language . The browser is set to English, and this problem does not occur with Chrome.

  • 5 replies
  • 1 has this problem
  • 5 views
  • Last reply by user709721

more options

Fields on several websites have been changed to another language . The browser is set to English, and this problem does not occur with Chrome. Specifically, much of Tumblr, and the menu of Facebook have been changed to another language (Russian, I think). I have tried, reinstalling Firefox, clearing the cache, and resetting firefox to it's default state. None of these have helped. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Fields on several websites have been changed to another language . The browser is set to English, and this problem does not occur with Chrome. Specifically, much of Tumblr, and the menu of Facebook have been changed to another language (Russian, I think). I have tried, reinstalling Firefox, clearing the cache, and resetting firefox to it's default state. None of these have helped. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Chosen solution

Hey again,

Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.

You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:

Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.

Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.

Hope this helps!

Curtis

Read this answer in context 👍 0

All Replies (5)

more options

Hey there,

In order to better assist you with your issue please provide us with a screenshot. If you need help to create a screenshot, please see How do I create a screenshot of my problem?

Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. This will help us to visualize the problem.

Thanks!

Curtis

more options

Clear the cache and cookies only from websites that cause problems.

"Clear the Cache":

  • Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"

"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:

  • Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
more options

Here are some images of the affected portions of websites. The right menu bar and names in Tumblr, the top bar of Facebook, and pretty much all of yahoo. I had already deleted all the cookies, and the problem persists.

more options

I figured it out I think. Earlier I had tried transferring Helvetica Neue from my Mac to my PC. I guess it got corrupted and caused the issue. I deleted the font from the PC and things have returned to normal.

more options

Chosen Solution

Hey again,

Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.

You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:

Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.

Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.

Hope this helps!

Curtis