I need to move my iphone Sync for Firefox bookmarks to this new laptop
My macbook hard drive has died and I'm waiting for a new one. I need to access bookmarks for uni, so I've pulled out my old pc with Firefox installed. Currently, I have Sync for Firefox app on my iphone, which seems to have reatined all my bookmarks and tabs information. How do I sync this device with Firefox on this computer? I've tried to sync it with my account using the lost device option, but it seems to be unable to verify my account because the password is wrong (even though it is not). How do I fix this?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.1
- Pando Web Plugin
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
Would I have received an email with the recovery key when I first synced?
No, the Firefox Sync Recovery Key is on the Laptop / Desktop PC that you originally set up the Sync service with or any other Laptop / Desktop that is connected to that Sync account. The Recovery Key isn't sent to the Sync server; it is your "security key" for your data when your data is "in-transit" to and from the Sync server, and while your data is on the Sync server.
[[Use Sync to share your Firefox bookmarks, passwords and more with Firefox for mobile|https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/use-sync-share-bookmarks-and-more-with-firefox-mobile]]