Lightspark keeps appearing say I must download. What is it is it safe? do I need it?
Lightspark keeps trying to male me download for better video quality. Is this part of Mozilla? Do I really need it? Is it safe? How do I get it to stop appearing if I do not need it? It appears frequently and is annoying. I've had issues with viruses in the past and am very wary of this type of thing. Please set my mind at ease and answer my questions. I'm worried if I don't act soon it will try and take over my computer.Please. Thank you. Lisa Monis.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.0
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
That is malware, see the links below:
Check for malware with ALL of the below linked programs.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!