This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
how do I export contact list
I want to export my contacts to a "csv" file
have you tried just typing a name into the file box? It does work to create a new file.Read this answer in context 👍 1
All Replies (5)
Goto Address Book > Tools > Export
- Change the format to "Comma Separated " it saves as .csv file
It acts like it is going to work, but has you browse for a file that is already saved with "csv" files in it.
have you tried just typing a name into the file box? It does work to create a new file.
Thanks. It's tuff gettin' old.
For future reference:
1. Open Address Book under Tools menu.
2. Address Book window opens.
3. Select Export under Address Book Tools menu.
4. Export Address Book window opens.
5. At bottom of window select desired export format in Save as type selection box.
Choices are (at this date): - LDIF - contact info formatted per LDIF standard* - Comma Separated - contact info separated by commas - Tab Delimited - contact info separated by tabs
* Unless the LDIF format has been requested, you should select one of the other formats. Also, note that Yahoo! email mis-handles certain characters in LDIF files (ampersands, quote marks, etc.) so be careful importing or exporting LDIF files from/to Yahoo! email. Further LDIF format information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDIF
6. Type in the desired file name for the export file in the File name box. Or, browse through the folders / file names and select the file you want to over-write.
7. Click on Save.