Items do not stay in shopping cart upon closing & reopening firefox
I have a website for selling records. It has been online for 15 years and works fine. Nothing has been changed. Recently, customers have been complaining about shopping cart issues. The main complaint is: They put items in the cart and when they click on the cart to start the checkout process, the cart shows no items. The issue I have is: I put items in my shopping cart, close the browser, reopen the browser and the items are gone. I contacted my web host & they verified that the session time is set at 2 days. This does not happen with IE or Google Chrome, only firefox. The website in question is: www.fasthits.com Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Greg
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- npsitesafety (Official)
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- RadioRage Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
Please update to the current Firefox 27 release.
- Help > About Firefox
The Firefox 10.0.2 version that you currently run is no longer supported with security updates.
- It is important to update Firefox and add-ons to the latest version to get all security fixes.
You can find the full version of the current Firefox 27.0 release in all languages and for all Operating Systems here:
Website data like a shopping cart are stored in a cookie.
- Create a cookie 'allow' exception to keep such cookies, especially in case of secure websites and when cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, passwords, and other website specific data.
Clearing cookies will remove all specified (selected) cookies including cookies with an allow exception that you would like to keep.
Clear the cache and cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"