Is HTML5 date and other features supported? I get a date picker for input type date in chrome but only text box in firefox.
I want to know how the input types are supported. Is HTML 5 look and feel fully supported in firefox?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.199
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
hello preetamsashank, the date input isn't currently supported. for an overview also see: https://developer.mozilla.org/de/docs/Web/HTML/Element/Input#Browser_compatibility
It seems a number of HTML5 input types remain unsupported by Firefox and IE and that makes no sense. I am told this problem will be resolved very soon but when can we expect this issue handled. e.g I would want to be able to use all the latest HTML5 input types but many have yet to be implemented in both firefox and IE are there security concerns that make this a problem? e.g type="date", type="color" , type="tel" ,... ??