New Firefox update does not block videos. We have a real issue with this, going back to IE now.
I work online transcribing medical reports. Some of the time I have to run a quick search for information. Firefox has stopped blocking video popups. I read the articles about this, but I am losing valuable work time by stopping to write about it and don't have all day. WHY isn't there still an option to stop these? I'm going back to IE because this is frustrating and a ridiculous waste of time.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- npsitesafety (Official)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.9
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
Are you having issues with videos auto-playing or popups containing videos appearing?
Please note that there is no built-in Firefox feature to stop videos already loaded on the page from automatically starting.
Firefox has a popup blocker that can stop most popups from appearing.
If possible, can you post a link of a site that you have this issue with?