Why am I getting mf.sitescout.com pop ups in a Firefox window?
This pop up comes in a firefox window. It is a window with pictures or icons to click on to go to that side. I googled it and it could be a number of things. I downloaded a program from cnet to get rid of it and now it is back. Is it a part of Firefox? Is it spyware? Is anyone else having this problem. What must I do to be rid of it completely.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
This could be generated by an add-on. Try disabling ALL nonessential or unrecognized extensions on the Add-ons page, either:
- orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
In the left column, click Extensions. Then, if in doubt, disable.
Usually a link will appear above a disabled extension to restart Firefox. You can complete your work on the add-ons page and click the link as the last step.
It's also worth supplementing your usual security scans with some of the tools listed in this support article: Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware.