Firefox blocks websites
I`m citizen of Ukraine. Many people in my country speak Russian. And me too. So I choose Firefox with russian language. Russian government has started to block some sites. Looks like russian version of Firefox has started to block sites according government rules. English version of Firefox does not block these sites. Example: http://rutor.org But why Firefox block these sites for me?! It`s russian`s rules and troubles.
I used Chrome for work and Firefox for other activity. But starting from today I will use Chrome only. Tell "tnx" to russian branch of Firefox.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.0
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
hello BFG-9000, firefox or its localized versions don't contain any government-sponsored blocks for websites (only a blocklist for sites known to spread malware and phishing of personal information sponsored by google - How does built-in Phishing and Malware Protection work?).
can you provide more information about the issue and how the blocked site is appearing for you?
You can also check the connection settings.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network : Connection > Settings
If you do not need to use a proxy to connect to internet then try to select "No Proxy" if "Use the system proxy settings" or one of the others do not work properly.
See "Firefox connection settings":
This can also be a problem with the used DNS service.
Modified by cor-el