how do I make only one tab open when Mozilla browser opens
Every time I open the Mozilla FF browser the following tabs appear: Mozilla Welcome, the Default Mozilla screen, AVG Secure Search and Coupon Bar. I also get a prompt to enter my Pocket username and Password. Before I updated FF, I would not get all those tabs upon start up and I would already be logged into Pocket. I haven't changed anything in my settings, so I don't know why it's like this all of a sudden.
Additional System Details
- Picasa plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer 220.127.116.11
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Unity Player 3.4.0f5
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
Hello, To be able to setup the home page, you can check this link Startup, home page, tabs, and download settings. You can set Firefox to open with a blank page or use the home page as per your choice.
If you are seeing tabs or popups that you don't recognize, then it is likely that one of the addons or plugins has been updated or there has been some software installed on your machine which is causing this. To confirm this, kindly check if you are seeing the three tabs open when you open Firefox in safe mode (instructions below)
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- On Windows you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
Those details are stored in a cookie.
- Create a cookie 'allow' exception to keep such cookies, especially in case of secure websites and when cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.
Clearing cookies will remove all specified (selected) cookies including cookies with an allow exception that you would like to keep.