Everytime I try to Install a Flash Plugin on Version 25.0.1 It Fails to Install
It always says "An plugin needs to be installed for some content on this page" so I install it then it says "No plugins were installed" Failed"
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 18.104.22.16810
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- Intel WebAPI Updater - Installs and updates Intel WebAPIs
- Inte IPT Web API
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
I'm not sure where that link leads, but you should be able to get Flash from the following page. Make sure to uncheck any unwanted extras Adobe might try to include.
Note: If Adobe's site doesn't say:
Your system: Windows 64-bit, English, Firefox
Then use the link "Need Flash Player for a different computer?" to get the version that works with Firefox (the "other browsers" version)
Try the directions in this article, under Updating Flash:
If that doesnlt work then see:
- http://forums.adobe.com/message/5943638 Anyone having trouble installing Flash Player with latest Firefox?
Just to be sure, make sure you are installing the 32-bit Flash as you are using 32-bit Firefox on 64-bit WIndows.
If Firefox previously disabled Flash because it was an old, vulnerable version, you might need to manually re-enable it after updating. You can do that on the Add-ons page. Either:
- orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
In the left column, click Plugins. Then look for Shockwave Flash toward the bottom and change its status from "Never Activate" to your choice of "Always Activate" or "Ask to Activate".
You may also have to install the new WMP plugin (np-mswmp.dll)
There has been a change in where Firefox searches for plugins and the plugins folder in the Firefox program folder is no longer scanned for plugins, so Firefox won't find them anymore if they are installed in the plugins folder instead of the "browser\plugins" folder that Firefox now scans.
You can set the plugins.load_appdir_plugins pref to true on the about:config page to make Firefox scan the "<install>/plugins/" directory for plugins like the WMP plugin (np-mswmp.dll).
You can alternatively move plugins from "<install directory>\plugins\" to "<install directory>\browser\plugins\" (create this folder when missing) to make Firefox find them again.